Tuesday, March 1, 2011

diy {chicken wire frame & memory card clips} ( from ashleyannphotography.com/blog)


diy {chicken wire frame & memory card clips}

Thank you for all the sweet comments about my niece. It has been 4 days since I last saw her (granted I have been out of town for 3 days). I miss her. I have some pictures of her and her daddy that are a little different than what I normally do. I am working on a post for them next week, maybe Monday….
I’m still working on details in the playroom. One thing I wanted to include was a spot to display pictures and artwork by the kids. Several years ago I bought a gold mirror from Garden Ridge and painted it black for our living room. It hasn’t been used in a long time so I decided to take the mirror out and give the frame a new life.
After removing the mirror, I painted the frame a bright yellow. Then I stapled chicken wire to the back side of the frame. When I bought the chicken wire from Atwoods the man working that department asked if I needed any pointers for my chicken coop. I told him I was making a frame for artwork. He shook his head and walked away.
To hold pictures to the chicken wire I hot glued small clothes pins to the back of some of my Charlie Harper memory cards. I let the boys pick out their favorite cards to use.
Super easy, super affordable and I think it is pretty practical and cute!